- Clean growth
- STEMM cluster
- Sustainable tourism
- Civil engineering
- Food & drink
- Hospitality & tourism
With significant investment in ultrafast broadband, digital infrastructure and the development of small business space, East Devon is at the forefront for flexible, new ways of working.
- From small family run, heritage businesses to thriving SMEs and large multinationals like Amazon and Lidl
Centres of excellence
- The Environmental Futures & Big Data Impact Lab: featuring the Met Office state-of-the-art supercomputer and offering collaborative support from world-class scientist and technologists to develop your new product, service or process – The Environmental Futures & Impact Lab
- Future Skills Centre: high-tech educational facility for future-facing jobs in engineering, digital, construction and clean growth giving access to top talent – Exeter College – Future Skills Centre
Infra-structure / Connections
- Multi-million investment in ultrafast fibre broadband network of gigabit speeds for businesses and residents
- Exeter Airport: regional transport hub providing international and domestic connectivity – Exeter Airport
- Excellent road and rail connectivity: M5 junction, A30 and 2-hour train links to London
- Expanding network of spectacular cycling trails and cycling routes to key transport infrastructure
Our Natural Capital
- With two-thirds of its territory located in Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a coastline featuring the first natural World Heritage Site in England, East Devon’s natural capital is one of its most treasured assets.
- Our outstanding natural environment is a key strength that underpins the quality of life, health and wellbeing of our communities. It attracts several biodiversity projects and enhanced conservation activity.
- See our website for more information on our key natural assets: Countryside – East Devon.
- Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone: delivering clean growth and green life and offering business rate relief – www.exeterandeastdevon.com
- Potential to develop a sustainable/smart aviation cluster
- Opportunities for knowledge transfer partnerships and access to world-leading R&D expertise at University of Exeter (Top 15 UK University and Top 150 worldwide)
- Winslade Park: £80 million investment in a lifestyle-led development offering new ways of working and living combining commercial, residential, wellbeing and entertainment opportunities: – Winslade Park
- Exeter Science Park: helping innovative STEMM companies to deliver extraordinary growth Exeter Science Park
- SkyPark: new generation business park with highest sustainability credentials SkyPark Exeter | Light Industrial Units for Sale in Exeter (burringtonbusinessparks.com)
- Coming soon: Air Park and Cranbrook Town Centre