- Attracting investment from the following sectors:
- Hi-Tech and Innovation
- Green Energy
- Building on the district’s strengths in agriculture, food and drink.
- Manufacturing – specialist/light industrial
- Food and Drink
- Green Tourism
- Mid Devon has everything from local small-scale producers and micro-enterprises, to thriving SMEs and large manufacturers.
Centres of excellence
- Hitchcock’s Business Park (awarded best business park in the South West)
- Petroc FE & HE College
Infra-structure / Connections
- Located on the main M5 corridor, Mid Devon has great transport links both north and south through the motorway and mainline railway network.
- Tiverton Parkway provides good rail links to London and beyond, with plans for a new station at Cullompton, while the North Devon Link Road connects Mid Devon to the North Devon Coast.
- Proximity to Exeter and Bristol Airports gives Mid Devon even wider international connectivity.
Our Natural Capital
- Extending from Dartmoor in the south to Exmoor in the north, Mid Devon offers a rich and varied landscape of rolling hills and wooded valleys, including the beautiful Exe Valley.
- Our tourism offer builds on the high-quality natural landscape to make Mid Devon a centre for walking, cycling and fishing. At the same time, the many villages and rural market towns provide opportunities to explore local arts and heritage. See www.visitmiddevon.co.uk
- A focus on low carbon and green economic growth through the Garden Village development.
- New commercial opportunities at the Tiverton Eastern Urban Extension with 30,000sqm (6.0ha) of highly accessible employment space in close proximity to the North Devon Link Road.
- Culm Garden Village – a new sustainable development of up to 5,000 houses with associated employment land (47,000 sqm) at J28 of the M5 motorway.
- J27 of the M5 motorway – an opportunity to deliver a unique leisure destination at the gateway to Devon and Cornwall, with a 71 ha allocation for a major high quality regional tourism, leisure and retail attraction.
Economic Development / Business Support Contacts:
Some of our outstanding businesses
Exeter is one of the UK’s fastest-growing economies and home to a range of established and start-up tech businesses. The city is working towards the quality of life being considered at every stage. It holds a reputation of being a thriving city centre, within a network of thriving rural and coastal towns and villages. Easy to get to by plane, train or road its connectivity extends through to a culture of real collaboration.
Northern Devon is not just a fantastic place to live and visit, but also a great place to start and grow a business. Here, businesses really can have it all – exciting new facilities for innovation and enterprise, which will change the start-up landscape forever; access to excellent Further and Higher Education, and to key technical skills on your doorstep; with enhanced high speed digital infrastructure bringing Northern Devon closer to the rest of the world.
An ocean city powerhouse with an established marine, digital and creative flare – follow the link to Plymouth’s dedicated Inward Investment Team.
Catch some waves before the first meeting of the day or feel renewed with a wild swim. Living and working in the South Hams means you can strike the dream work/life balance every day. No wonder then that the South Hams comes top as the happiest place to live in Devon. We’re perfectly positioned to explore miles of spectacular coastline to the south, Dartmoor to the north and the vibrant university cities of Exeter and Plymouth a short trip to either side.
Teignbridge is the perfect place to start, grow or to relocate your business. With the M5 motorway, a regional rail hub, fully functioning port and a short drive to Exeter airport, business in Teignbridge can access a variety of markets. With new commercial development sites coming forward, there has never been a better time to invest in Teignbridge.
Home of photonics and micro-electronics and synonymous with the fishing and marine industry. Invest in Torbay offer a unique Soft Landings grant (up to £10,000) to encourage foreign owned companies to expand or locate, grow and create jobs in Torbay. Follow the link to Torbay’s dedicated Inward Investment Team for more details.
Fresh air, wide open spaces, a resourceful attitude and welcoming villages and towns all combine to make West Devon an attractive choice for everyone looking for a better work/life balance.
Choose East Devon for exceptional business opportunities in and around our outstanding coastline and countryside. We are driving change and prosperity through clean growth, transitioning to a low carbon economy, and delivery of key projects in the Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone.