- Maintain our position as the happiest and best place to live in Devon.
- Be the leading destination for new and established businesses who love what our countryside, coast, villages and towns have to offer as much as we do.
- Cultivate our strengths in the marine industry, agriculture, tourism, and food and drink.
- Support clean growth principles and green recovery.
- Respect our heritage and natural landscapes.
- Food and drink (including the 2019 Great British Pub of the Year).
- Marine industries
- Tourism (including The Sunday Times Eco Hotel 2020).
- From international players to sole traders, our supportive, like-minded business communities and inspiring landscapes nurture a wide range of businesses to flourish.
Centres of excellence
- South Devon Marine Academy, Kingswear.
- Schumacher College, Dartington International College for Ecological Studies.
Infra-structure / Connections
- Mainline rail link to London in 2 hours 40 minutes and Birmingham in 3 hours.
- Exeter airport 40-minute drive.
- Bristol airport 1 hour 50-minute drive.
- South Hams is part of a £2.2million project to expand reach of super-fast broadband.
Our Natural Capital
- Our countryside, coastline and communities are what make the South Hams special.
- Miles of golden beaches and artisan coffee shops in thriving towns attract business owners who know that a happy team is a productive team.
- The new Sherford town development will result in 5,500 new homes and over 80,000 m² of employment and retail space.
- From rural barns with countryside views to purpose-built units close to rail and road connections, there’s a choice of practical and aspirational premises across our area. Find your perfect location: