Supporting businesses to succeed is key to our local focus on enhancing the well-being of the people who live and work in our area. Our investment in creating a thriving rural community includes:
- Enhanced connectivity
- Embedding clean growth
- Addressing climate change and biodiversity challenges
- Nurturing our strengths in agriculture, food and drink
- Respecting our heritage and natural landscapes
- Food and drink
- Creative industries
From iconic family-favourites like Ambrosia Rice Pudding to artisan makers keeping traditional crafts alive, our inspiring landscape is a hub for businesses of all sizes.
Infra-structure / Connections
- Driving from Okehampton:
- Exeter Airport 1 hour via A30
- Plymouth 1 hour via A30
- West Devon is part of a £2.2million project to expand the reach of superfast broadband.
- Re-opening of the Okehampton to Exeter railway line confirmed.
Our Natural Capital
- We’re home to England’s largest industrial UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape.
- The historic, inspiring landscape of Dartmoor National Park is also a magnet for creative minds.
- Our flourishing towns and villages are home to a growing community of artisan makers who are receiving national attention for their wares.
- Exeter has demonstrated a particularly resilient economy during the pandemic. There have been a great number of start-ups in the digital and tech space.
- The proximity to key businesses and organisations such as the Met Office and the University of Exeter provides a wide range of opportunities for businesses operating in the research and innovation space.
- All local agents are encouraged to use the Exeter Commercial Property Register to promote their available commercial space; Exeter Commercial Property Register
From industrial units to offices with a view, find your perfect new location:
Economic Development / Business Support Contacts:
Some of our outstanding businesses
Be inspired by other companies like yours who have forged success in West Devon