- Above average levels of employment.
- With higher than average skilled trades employment and apprenticeships.
- Approx. 150,000 people working in professional occupations and growing.
- Approx. 100,000 managers, directors and senior officials, 12% of all jobs (UK average is 11%).
- Skills levels above national average, with 63% qualified at NVQ level 3+ (2020).
- Competitive labour and premises costs.
And a loyal and dedicated workforce that loves where they live!
Devon could provide the highly qualified and motivated workforce you need for your business. With key sectors already here and continual upskilling of the workforce, moving to Devon could give your business the boost it needs.
Third highest concentration of Apprenticeships in the UK. Leading apprenticeships are available in high quality opportunities within health, engineering, digital technologies, pharmaceutical science, civil engineering, law and finance.
Complementary centres of excellence in engineering, environmental science, marine, digital technologies, climate, agritech, sustainability and clean technologies.