Complementary centres of excellence in engineering, environmental science, marine, digital technologies, climate, agritech, sustainability and clean technologies, including:
- South West Institute of Technology bringing together leading South West employers such as Babcock international and the Met Office, leading technical education.
- Rothamstead Research Institute, Okehampton, providing world leading research into agricultural science.
- The Environmental Futures & Big Data Impact Lab collaborative projects help businesses solve key technical challenges in the development of a new product, service or process.
- Exeter University’s Centre of Future Clean Mobility, providing new technology for application in marine, automotive and aviation innovation.
- University of Exeter research:
- Two strategic research institutes:
- Continuous research across many faculties Exeter Research and Innovation Blog.
- University of Plymouth research:
- Plymouth Ocean Science centres, developing new technologies across the marine landscape. Plymouth Ocean Forecasting Centre – University of Plymouth.
- University of Plymouth – research spans three strategic institutes whose collaborative endeavour drives solution to global change:
For more information on sector specific research, please see the sectors section, under ‘Invest in Devon’.
Third highest concentration of Apprenticeships in the UK. Leading apprenticeships are available in high quality opportunities within health, engineering, digital technologies, pharmaceutical science, civil engineering, law and finance.
Devon could provide the highly qualified and motivated workforce you need for your business. With key sectors already here and continual upskilling of the workforce, moving to Devon could give your business the boost it needs.
Employment and skill levels are above the national average, with higher than average skilled trades employment and apprenticeships.