World-class quality of life
A world-class quality of life reflected within a range of national and international landscape designations, a thriving tourism scene and agricultural opportunities, and a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, the first of its kind in the UK and a global leader. The high-quality natural environment has always been at the heart of the area’s prosperity and will continue to be so in the future.
- Clean growth
- Green recovery
- Digital Tech
- Emerging sectors: Clean Growth- Environmental and marine innovation
- Environmental Intelligence and Net Zero innovation – North Devon Smart Biosphere
- Agri-food and drink
- Floating Offshore Wind
- Sole traders
Centres of excellence
- Digital ND – working with Tech South West regionally and TechCity UK to ensure that this tech & digital cluster is recognised.
- South West Institute of Technology brings together leading South West employers such as Babcock international and the Met Office, leading technical education. South West Institute of Technology – SWIoT
- Node, Barnstaple.
- COTIE, Barnstaple.
- Work hubs in Barnstaple, Braunton, as well as Great Torrington, Lynton and Winkleigh.
Infra-structure / Connections
- Fibre installation to premises is spreading across Northern Devon, even into deep rural areas.
- Imminent link road improvements, but still maintaining a sense of comparative tranquillity and calm.
Our Natural Capital
- With fibre connectivity, why not spend your days working in an area dominated by the North Devon UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, your free time enjoying the rolling hills of Exmoor, Ruby Country or our stunning beaches? Live here, work with everywhere!
- Creating a great work-life balance in an environmentally focused location and with an emerging network of innovative work hubs.
- Please see our website for local search engines.
Economic Development / Business Support Contact
Business Support Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exeter is one of the UK’s fastest-growing economies and home to a range of established and start-up tech businesses. The city is working towards the quality of life being considered at every stage. It holds a reputation of being a thriving city centre, within a network of thriving rural and coastal towns and villages. Easy to get to by plane, train or road its connectivity extends through to a culture of real collaboration.
Strategically located on the SW’s main transport and communication corridor, Mid Devon is mid-way between the Taunton and Exeter Growth Points. With new employment sites coming on stream in Tiverton and Cullompton and a major new development of up to 5,000 houses planned for the ‘Culm Garden Village’, it’s a great time to invest in Mid Devon.
An ocean city powerhouse with an established marine, digital and creative flare – follow the link to Plymouth’s dedicated Inward Investment Team.
Catch some waves before the first meeting of the day or feel renewed with a wild swim. Living and working in the South Hams means you can strike the dream work/life balance every day. No wonder then that the South Hams comes top as the happiest place to live in Devon. We’re perfectly positioned to explore miles of spectacular coastline to the south, Dartmoor to the north and the vibrant university cities of Exeter and Plymouth a short trip to either side.
Teignbridge is the perfect place to start, grow or to relocate your business. With the M5 motorway, a regional rail hub, fully functioning port and a short drive to Exeter airport, business in Teignbridge can access a variety of markets. With new commercial development sites coming forward, there has never been a better time to invest in Teignbridge.
Home of photonics and micro-electronics and synonymous with the fishing and marine industry. Invest in Torbay offer a unique Soft Landings grant (up to £10,000) to encourage foreign owned companies to expand or locate, grow and create jobs in Torbay. Follow the link to Torbay’s dedicated Inward Investment Team for more details.
Fresh air, wide open spaces, a resourceful attitude and welcoming villages and towns all combine to make West Devon an attractive choice for everyone looking for a better work/life balance.
Choose East Devon for exceptional business opportunities in and around our outstanding coastline and countryside. We are driving change and prosperity through clean growth, transitioning to a low carbon economy, and delivery of key projects in the Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone.