- Green growth
- High-skill manufacturing
- Digital innovation
- Community wealth building
- Job creation
- Future-proofing town centres
- Food and drink
- Future sectors:
- Green growth
- Innovative sole traders, start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- Larger specialist manufacturers.
- National brands, especially in Food & Drink.
Centres of excellence
- Teignbridge Business Centre – start ups.
- Heathfield and Brunel Business Parks – largest estates.
Infra-structure / Connections
- At the beginning of the M5 and easy access to the A38.
- Regional rail hub with fast connection from Newton Abbot.
- Functioning port (Teignmouth) – see write up under ‘Why Devon’
Our Natural Capital
- Moor to Sea (Teignbridge stretches from the idyllic South Devon coastline to the top of Dartmoor).
- Lifestyle advantages a major incentive to relocate here.
- Major regeneration projects in Newton Abbot (£9m+ awarded from Future High Street Fund) and Teignmouth town centres.
- New commercial developments in the pipeline – we have space for relocating businesses.
- Search online commercial property sites for existing opportunities and contact our Economic Development Team to discuss new opportunities in the pipeline.
Economic Development / Business Support Contacts:
Some of our outstanding businesses
Exeter is one of the UK’s fastest-growing economies and home to a range of established and start-up tech businesses. The city is working towards the quality of life being considered at every stage. It holds a reputation of being a thriving city centre, within a network of thriving rural and coastal towns and villages. Easy to get to by plane, train or road its connectivity extends through to a culture of real collaboration.
Strategically located on the SW’s main transport and communication corridor, Mid Devon is mid-way between the Taunton and Exeter Growth Points. With new employment sites coming on stream in Tiverton and Cullompton and a major new development of up to 5,000 houses planned for the ‘Culm Garden Village’, it’s a great time to invest in Mid Devon.
Northern Devon is not just a fantastic place to live and visit, but also a great place to start and grow a business. Here, businesses really can have it all – exciting new facilities for innovation and enterprise, which will change the start-up landscape forever; access to excellent Further and Higher Education, and to key technical skills on your doorstep; with enhanced high speed digital infrastructure bringing Northern Devon closer to the rest of the world.
An ocean city powerhouse with an established marine, digital and creative flare – follow the link to Plymouth’s dedicated Inward Investment Team.
Catch some waves before the first meeting of the day or feel renewed with a wild swim. Living and working in the South Hams means you can strike the dream work/life balance every day. No wonder then that the South Hams comes top as the happiest place to live in Devon. We’re perfectly positioned to explore miles of spectacular coastline to the south, Dartmoor to the north and the vibrant university cities of Exeter and Plymouth a short trip to either side.
Home of photonics and micro-electronics and synonymous with the fishing and marine industry. Invest in Torbay offer a unique Soft Landings grant (up to £10,000) to encourage foreign owned companies to expand or locate, grow and create jobs in Torbay. Follow the link to Torbay’s dedicated Inward Investment Team for more details.
Fresh air, wide open spaces, a resourceful attitude and welcoming villages and towns all combine to make West Devon an attractive choice for everyone looking for a better work/life balance.
Choose East Devon for exceptional business opportunities in and around our outstanding coastline and countryside. We are driving change and prosperity through clean growth, transitioning to a low carbon economy, and delivery of key projects in the Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone.