Digital Technology is the fastest growing sector in the South West, with rapidly developing tech clusters.
A key part of the South West ‘Build Back Better’ Plan with each location below making great strides in this area. Exeter is now one of the fastest-growing locations in the South West, particularly for fintech business, and competing globally.
Devon has many initiatives and support to promote the growth of this sector, as follows:
- The Environmental Futures & Big Data Impact Lab: featuring the Met Office state-of-the-art supercomputer and offering collaborative support from world-class scientists and technologists to develop your new product, service or process – The Environmental Futures & Impact Lab
- The UK Met Office’s £97m Supercomputer at Exeter Science Park advances environmental futures, offering long-term, detailed global climate predictions and agri-management big data.
- Exeter Science Park: helping innovative STEM companies to deliver extraordinary growth Exeter Science Park
- Exeter University Centre of Clean Mobility, providing new technology for application in marine, automotive and aviation innovation. Centre of Future Clean Mobility
- Future Skills Centre: high-tech educational facility for future-facing jobs in engineering, digital, construction and clean growth giving access to top talent – Exeter College – Future Skills Centre
- EXIST Exeter Initiative for science and technology
- Digital Exeter supporting the digital community in and around Exeter.
- Digital Plymouth bringing together a talented community of digital businesses and organisations.
- Centre for Robotics and Neural Systems (CRNS) – University of Plymouth – Excellence in the field of artificial intelligence, cognitive robotics and neural computation.
- Plymouth Science Park – the largest science and technology park in the South West
- Digital ND – working with Tech South West regionally and TechCity UK to ensure that this tech & digital cluster is recognised.
- South West Institute of Technology brings together leading South West employers such as Babcock international and the Met Office, leading technical education. South West Institute of Technology – SWIoT
Tech South West – helping support, connect and showcase the tech sector across the South West.